Electric vehicles. Classes.admin
Road transport is one of the most dependent sectors of fossil fuels and in which a sustainable alternative is more difficult to reduce dependence on the outside and greenhouse gas emissions.
Renobat ® has detected that the electric transport is at present the most promising possibility to transform the current system into another that is environmentally sustainable.
- emission reduction: In some special situations, for example, in the case of mobility in cities, it is the only solution to solve the additional problem caused by pollution that has already become alarming in some cases. The electric vehicle does not generate any type of emission during its use,
- Noise Reduction: It also considerably reduces ambient noise levels.
- more efficient electric motors: Electric propulsion systems are much more efficient than traditional internal combustion engine systems. An internal combustion engine barely has a yield of 20%. Modern developments need to incorporate more energy-efficient systems in the face of increasingly expensive and scarce resources.
Renobat ® experts highlight two technologies for use in electric vehicles,
- Electric vehicles equipped with batteries and
- Hydrogen vehicles.
Next, we will detail some of the peculiarities of the technologies of the electric vehicles equipped with batteries, that is the section by which Renobat ® bets at the moment and in which it accumulates a great experience.
Electric vehicles equipped with batteries
Within this section, vehicles in which the propulsion comes wholly or partly from the electricity of the batteries, which replace or supplement the fuel tank, using for the recharging of the batteries an external system For example, the power grid.
There are currently three different technologies for electric vehicles that can be connected to the mains (plug-in vehicles).
- Pure Electric (BEV Battery Electric vehicle) They are a type of vehicle for which Renobat bets in the coming years as the solution to the problems exposed in the introduction. It is a vehicle totally powered by an electric motor fed by batteries that are recharged through an electrical outlet connected to the mains. Their autonomy is limited by the capacity of their battery. Current technology allows autonomy between 130 km – 300 km. The recharge of the batteries is carried out exclusively from the electrical network, although they have systems of recovery of the braking energy in the vehicle itself.
- extended Autonomy Electric (EREV, extended Range Electric vehicle). The electric vehicle also incorporates a small thermal motor that powers a generator to recharge the batteries.
- Plug-In hybrid vehicle (PHEV) It is a vehicle that combines electric propulsion from the energy obtained from the network, with the propulsion supplied by a gasoline or conventional diesel engine when the electric batteries have been discharged.