Choosing a UPS (3). The UPS more suited to your NEEDS.admin
and finally, to choose the most suitable ups for your demands,
Renobat technicians will carefully evaluate the characteristics of the application you want to protect.
Each type of UPS offers specific advantages according to the application for which it has been studied.
It is not enough to control the power absorbed by the load!
That a UPS has sufficient power to manage the effective charge does not guarantee that the choice is Adequate.
The En 62040-3 standard defines the classification of the UPS according to its performance:
XXX output dependency on input
YY Waveform in output
ZZZ dynamic Performance in output
The first part of the classification (XXX) defines the type of ups:
- VFI (voltage and frequency independent): This is the UPS in which the output is independent of the variations of the supply voltage (red) and the frequency variations are controlled within the limits prescribed by the IEC en 61000-2-2.
- VFD (voltage and frequency Dependent): This is the UPS in which the output depends on the variation of the supply voltage (red) and the frequency variations.
- VI (voltage Independent): This is the ups in which the variations of the supply voltage are stabilized by electronic/passive regulating devices within the limits of normal Operation.
The second part of the classification code (YY) defines the form of the output wave during normal operation and with Battery:
- SS: sinusoidal (THDu ‹ 8%)
- XX: sinusoidal with linear load; Non-sinusoidal with shear load (THDu › 8%)
- YY: Non-sinusoidal
The third part of the classification code (ZZZ) defined the dynamic delivery of the output voltage to the load variations in three different conditions:
- 111 Variations in operating modalities (normal and battery-operated),
- 112 insertion of the staggered linear load in normal or battery mode,
- 113 insertion of the non-linear load staggered in normal mode or with Battery.
From all these explanations we see that the UPS with better performance are those that have the classification: VFI SS 111, Although the best decision is to be advised by the technical Department of Renobat to make a complete assessment of your needs and propose the most appropriate Solution.