Characteristics of LiFePO4 lithium batteries compared to lead acidadmin
The advantages of the lithium batteries offered by Renobat ® against the usual acid lead are many, among them we emphasize:
- Lithium batteries are not maintenance-free compared to lead acid. In addition, if we want to have few repairs and make the most of the load cycles that the manufacturer dictates with those of lead acid we must proceed to good preventive maintenance.
- they maintain 100% of their power and voltage until the moment of discharge. It also incorporates an external indicator of the remaining load capacity and possible failures. Traditional acid lead batteries usually fluctuate as their energy is depleted.
- Renobat ® Lithium batteries do not explode or ignite with overloads so they are highly safe against other types of batteries.
- The lithium batteries that Renobat ® starts up come to work between 2,000 and 3,000 cycles at 100% in front of the lead acid batteries that have 1200 to 1500 cycles.
- The specific capacity is 145Ah/kg. Double the power capacity than the comparable size lead acid batteries. So lithium batteries are ideal for double shifts as we save ourselves from having double equipment.
- The energy density of a lithium family battery is roughly more than twice as much as a nickel-cadmium battery and a triple-lead. Renobat ® Lithium batteries have a specific density of 90/130Wh/kg of specific energy compared to 30-40Wh/kg of lead acid.
- The lithium batteries of renobat are excellent for high discharge, being able to discharge to a nominal current of 10 times the capacity of the battery (eg: Battery of 100 Ah can be discharged to 1000 amps).
- Lithium batteries can be left half-charged for long periods of time without risk of ruining the battery or may even remain uncharged long periods without damaging the service life.
- They have no memory effect and it is not necessary to make a recycling every certain number of loads as with other types of batteries.
- The nominal voltage per cell of the LiFePo4, is 3.2-3.3 V during the discharge and at the end of the load of 2.5 v. And those of 2v lead acid. And at the end of the load of 1, 7V
- Renobat Lithium batteries have very low or almost zero self-discharge compared to those of lead which have a 13-20% self-discharge.
- Renobat Lithium batteries have a high speed recharge capability. In just 15 minutes you can recharge at 90% of your power and total recharge at 2-3h. Compared to those of lead acid that take from 5 to 15.00 to charge at 100% and is completely contraindicated to make intermediate loads. So lithium batteries are very suitable for fast loads of electric forklifts, electric bicycles, scooters, electric vehicles, electric tools such as drills, electric motors, etc.
- Compared to lead acid batteries, Renobat ® Lithium batteries generate a 20-30% electricity savings
- Renobat Lithium batteries are ideal for working in cold environments as they work without diminishing their performance from -20 º C to 60 º C and those of lead acid can only work from 0 º C to 55 º C.
- It does not suffer “thermalrunaway” effect.
- Lithium batteries can be installed in any orientation (front, side, face down, etc.) thing that does not happen with those of lead that must be facing upward.
- Lithium batteries do not contain any contaminants such as cadmium, lead, or sulfuric acid. It is completely environmentally friendly contrary to other types of highly polluting batteries.
- vibrations do not affect you, and therefore are not fragile like traditional acid lead batteries.
All this list of advantages marks the difference and technical superiority of the lithium batteries offered by Renobat ® in front of any other type of batteries and with more difference with those of lead acid.