care, surveillance and control of the lithium batteryadmin
Lithium Batteries have the least memory effect of all energy accumulation technologies, however, It is necessary that after a number of incomplete cycles a complete battery calibration is performed so that the effect Memory Disappears.
In addition, to extend its useful life we must bear in mind certain things:
- It is not true that it is beneficial to let the lithium batteries be discharged periodically. On the contrary, it may impair effectiveness. It is best to prevent the charge of the lithium batteries from coming down beyond 15%.
- It is recommended that the lithium batteries remain in a cool place (15 °c) and avoid heat. They are very sensitive to temperature; Leaving them in the sun and moisture decreases their performance.
- When a lithium battery is to be stored for a long time, it is recommended to leave it with intermediate load (40%). And keep them in full charge for long periods.
- The first charge of the lithium batteries is not decisive in terms of their duration and must not be made; The operation of a lithium-ion battery on the first load is equal to that of the Following. It’s a myth probably inherited from Nickel Batteries.
- To recharge it is not necessary to use a specific charger for the brand and model of the device (despite being ideal, it is also expensive). Any good-quality lithium battery charger can be used to meet the electrical characteristics of the Device. At this point it is important to remark that Renobat® schedules the Loader’s curves to work in accordance with the lithium battery together with the BMS which is responsible for controlling and coordinating the battery and charger.
- The most important and essential for lithium batteries is to charge them with a lithium batterycharger. Using an improper charger will damage the battery and may cause it to fire.
- Renobat Lithium Chargers can detect when the charge of your batteries has been completed to automatically disconnect them and divert power to the rest of the Device. All this control is done using a BMS device.
- Especially important is to have contracted a service of surveillance and control of the lithium batteryand in it, Renobat is an expert.